Wednesday, January 18, 2012

MLK Day

Today we had NO school and NO work so we decided to get out of the house and discover for ourselves some new places around our new home. I had heard a few things about this "Usery Pass Park" just north of us about 10 miles and so off we went.

We decided on a 3 mile, round trip "easy" hike that everyone did fantastic on...even Memphis. It ended up to be pretty steep in some places but over all...manageable. Memphis walked a bit of the way and Luke or I carried him on our shoulders. I should give Luke more credit...he carried him most the way. At one point I put Memphis on my shoulders right when a group of people walked by. They looked at Luke walking ahead of us and I could just hear their thoughts. I know they were thinking "why is this guy allowing his wife to carry that child on her shoulders while he carries a jacket and a small backpack." I informed Luke of my mind reading skills and so he made sure they knew I just put him on my shoulders. I had to laugh out loud. "UM...yeah, she just started carrying him....I have carried him up and down, until now".
The older lady just laughed and said "Yeah, right." She was joking...but it was funny.

The kids did great and had a blast. They were exhausted and many complained, when we were finished, that their feet were HOT. (ya think?)
The weather was amazing the views were over all the valley...which was super cool.
We could see the Cardinals stadium way over in West Phoenix, the Downtown Buildings, San Tan Mountains & almost to Tucson (:

Good times for a day off school and work!


2 comments:

Cherie said...

Looks like fun! Except for the carrying Memphis part. I carried a child up to the top of Ensign Peak...my goodness, no fun. Even less fun when I slipped and fell on the way down with that little one year old on my shoulders. :(

Mama Mayhem said...

what a wonderful day. Be there in FEB hope to see you