Sunday, December 11, 2011

PHONES & AGE

I have to jot this conversation down!

Recently my lover bought me a new phone, because my old one took a REAL bad dive.

So, with this new phone it has lots of options for games and.books and drawing. And of course the children want to play with it constantly. Which drives me a little bit nuts.... because it kills my battery quick like.
Lately I have been saying "nope" or " my battery is nearly dead so ya can't".


One afternoon my sweetie Cedar came into the laundry room and asked if he could use my phone to watch a movie.
I said "go upstairs or in the front room and watch it, please and thank you".
He said to me " mom, when I turn, let's say, 91 will you buy me my own phone and let me play all the games I want all day long"?
My mind was reeling with how I could respond to this and not hear whining or madness or crying. In my mind I ran the thought of saying "honey, when you're 91 you'll live in some old folks home and will be gumming your food....playing games will be so silly". But I knew I would have to explain why I wouldn't do it..because I'll be feeding the worms dead.
So my answer was "oh, honey, yes of course. When you're 91,  I will buy you your very own phone and you can play all the games you can stand."
He was content for a minute.
He comes back with this response..."what about if I am 61? Would you still buy me a phone and let me play games all I want?"
"Of course, when you're 61....you can have all the phones you want and play games all day"!
Finally, pure joy!!

I am sure glad age isn't an issue for him!

What nut

1 comment:

Mama Mayhem said...

These phone are killing my down time lol.
I play words with friends and angry bird when I lay in bed instead of reading my book...I stay up far too late.