Sunday, May 8, 2011

Jelly Bean Jog

The day before Easter...me and my Birdie ran the local Jelly Bean Jog 5k, together
It was a fun morning.
We got up early, headed to the clubhouse to pick up our packets and just get a vibe of how the morning was going to look.
Once there...and after seeing these shirts....I just had to change into mine and wear it!
It cracked me up.
I thought "if this shirt is ever gonna get worn, this might be the only day" so.....I wore it with jelly bean pride.
Lainie did a great job. I was so proud of her and her endurance to finish the race. She is very strong and has a great mind for running. I have invited her to go with me in the evening once in a while and she always wants to push it just a little bit farther. She's amazing.

I had such a good time connecting with her...just us two!
After the race...we ate b-fast with the racers and those from the community that joined in the festivities.
What a good day.

2 comments:

weaverfam said...

Love it! I say wear that shirt often, and with pride :)

Goodrich said...

I love the shirt- You should wear it more than just for the race. Where did that girl on your left come from. That isn't Lainie, she is too tall to be Lainie!