I have been running lately and have tried to picture myself as one of those people you see on the road,
the ones that seem to be enjoying the pain and yet freedom as they run down the road.
I have my days that I feel the pain and then also realize the freedom that comes with being on a road relying only on myself. I also have hard days and then I will turn around and have a day where I forget what I am doing and just lose myself in the moment. ...I love those days.
But there was this day last week that I ran. It wasn't an intense run..just a 3 miler. A run I do 2 or 3 times a week. But on this run I was struggling towards the end. I was out by myself on this day and had really felt like a sack of taters getting out of bed that morning...but had to go.
It was 5:30am and the sun was just coming up over the mountain. I could feel it on my neck and I could see it painting the road, trees and houses ahead of me with light. I knew I had about a half mile to go...but was thinking of every excuse to stop and walk.
I have been known to have fights in my head with conversations about stopping to running to walking to laying down and sleeping.
This day...on this day, I wasn't going to let myself stop. I needed a little motivation to get my body home. I had been thinking about ME on this run and why my body is strong in some ways and then lacks in others. I had been thinking about endurance and strength. I am always so interested in how some people have the guts and power to accomplish things and then others can't. People that haven't been trained in an event...but their mind tells them they can...therefore they DO. What is that? Where does that come from ?
On this morning I knew that I could use a little extra pick me up and was listening to the same playlist on the ipod that I always listen to. It was really getting to me.
So, I quickly pushed the "shuffle" button...thinking it would only shuffle the playlist I was on...but it didn't.
I heard this song on my ipod and had to roll my eyes...super annoyed. Hitting the forward button I came across this song next and just about changed it....but couldn't!
It was on and it was calling to me to listen.
As I listened to this song...tears welled up in my eyes, a lump in my throat and I could hardly breathe.
It was a wonderful reminder to me that my Heavenly Father is so aware of me and my silly mind games, my trials, my world...ME. My favorite part of that song is towards the end when it says:
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him reverently
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.
All of this world was created for me...but I was created by the same CREATOR!
I am beautiful and strong and capable.
-that is all I have to say about this.
1 comment:
i love this post. you are beautiful, strong and capable! and great job on all of your running victories!!!
Post a Comment