Wednesday, May 18, 2011

She Had to go and do it!

I have been avoiding and delaying this post for 18 days.
I have been thinking about it for over 2 months.
I have been trying to write it in my head over and over again...knowing I will never get it right.
I have surrendered to the fact that my words can NOt do Justice for the love I feel for this little girl...who is not so little after all. The words in my mind...just can't explain the feelings in my body!

I have asked her for 10 years to just STOP it...stop growing up..Stop getting bigger...stop becoming someone that one day will forget that she needed me and that she really does love me.
I have told her over and over again that some day she won't want me doing her hair, or making lunches, or just watching her from a far, or laying next to her at night, or watching movies while holding hands.
I have asked her to just let me pickle her in a jar and set her on the shelf till time runs out....

But she had to do it.

She had to turn 8 and then 9 and then last year she hit the big double digits...THEN this year, only 2 wks ago she just had to push the envelope and have her 11th birthday!

I just can't believe it!


I have been so wanting her to stay young and little, forever.
BUT now that she has defied my orders, I must say...I love her growing and developing and becoming this amazing, strong, confident, adventurous young woman.
I LOVe watching her make steps in places I never thought she would go...like trying out for the talent show, or being the humor in a crowd.
I love watching her take on a more serious role of being righteous and knowing the right way is the RIGHT way!
I love watching her grow physically...where just months ago she was wearing a size 8 shoe and then last Sunday she wore my size 9 shoe. Just a few days ago we were dancing together and her head is at my chin...she's getting so tall.
I love watching her decide what she likes and having an opinion...but will still asks me mine!
Lastly
I Love that she has turned 11 years old and will still come sit on my lap like she did when she was 5 and let me hold her like a baby girl. That she will come up to me, grab a hold of me and hug me and say "I don't think I have hugged you today" OR that when we hug she tells me she loves the way I smell.
I love that she hasn't forgotten that she loves me!

My sweet little girl that I wanted to stay small forever is getting big and I am loving IT!
What a blessing she is to me!

NOW...let me say something about these photos of her birthday. Shelby my sweet sweet hilarious child has such a personality. I had to post all 4 photos because, to me, they were all so dang funny, I couldn't leave one out.

Also...I want to tell Mimi & Papa THANK YOU so much for coming down for Lainie's BIrthday Dinner. It meant so much to her and to us. We love you and love having you in our home!
You are such wonderful Grandparents!!
-xoxo

3 comments:

Cherie said...

I often look at my kids (when they are being good) and think, "can't you just stay like this forever?" So sad. But watching them grow is pretty fun too.

Cherie said...

Oh, and check the comments from my last post...

tofwstgeorge said...

Shelbinator, you are funny! Hope Lainie had a fabulous birthday....we LOVE her too.