Have you ever had an adult temper tantrum that left you with:
1...A bruised foot and toe..from kicking the trash can
2...Soap worthy mouth
3...a cup of milk strung from the table across the kitchen and on your daughter
4...feeling like a big turd from being so nuts
5...begging for apologies from your daughter that got milk on her and had to witness the madness
6...just a humbling feeling of "unknown land of motherhood"
Well, I have...just the other day and I will tell you...it's no fun.
When I kicked the trash can because it was the only thing in my reach...it tipped over right before my foot got to it, therefore me kicking the bottom...where all the hard plastic pieces are. Yeah..that was smart. Three bruises from the top of my foot down to my big toe.
Then...because now I hurt myself..I left a little swear word escape my mouth. That was humiliating for all my children to be right there watching and listening to there mother. You know...thee Adult in the house. Okay..it gets better or maybe it's called worse....yeah, it's worse. I walk to the table because I had to prove a point....what Point...it's unclear at this time. So..with a side swipe of my arm...I hit the first big red plastic cup on the table (thinking it was totally empty) SURPRISE...it's full of milk. It flies off the table and splatters my daughter that is in my war path. What a dummy, I am!
She runs off, I am hopping around looking for something to clean up the mess and just ticked at my display of adulthood. What a winner!
After regaining my composure and cleaning up the mess..I run upstairs to a daughter in the corner f her room, crying because I scared the ding dongs out of her.
I beg for her forgiveness and hold her like a little baby as I explain my stupidity and that I was really not cool. She agreed and we moved on!
We have had a few good chuckles of my rendition of "psycho".
Have you ever had an Adult Temper Tantrum?

6 comments:
I love you!!! I love your posts! Seriously crackin me up! You are so human and I love that you share it all with us!! It's even funnier because I Cannot picture you doing any of those things!
Awesome! I've NEVER had an adult tantrum.
j/k
this sounds entertaining, too bad it's not on video ;)
poor jackson married a 2 year old. i have been know to throw a tantrum....or 20, before.
good stuff to laugh about later, though!
Uhhhhh........yes. We can swap stories at v-ball. I have some good ones. Not my proudest moments, mind you. (I'm not even sure if I can remember how many phones I've broken.)
didn't hear any mention of 'the belt'...what's wrong with you?
Post a Comment