Friday, December 17, 2010

lastly, my love.

 I need to finish this thankfulness countdown with saying I am blessed to have a Best Friend that is so understanding, loving, hilarious, protective, smart and sexy. I know...I got the whole package when it comes to my LOVE.
It must be age, because lately I have started seeing photos of Luke and I differently. I would see them and look at him quickly and see only handsomeness and then my attention would go to me. To see if I had boogers in my nose, or crossed eyes or my double chin was rearing it's ugly self. I would see past what was in the photo. I would see the imperfections.
One afternoon I saw a photo of us. I don't know why...but I see this married couple that was standing next to each other. I saw this man and woman that were bound together for eternity and were partners. It was strange..maybe it was strange because I hadn't seen it that matter of fact before and it was only now, after 13 yrs of marriage that it was different.
When I saw that photo I started seeing a couple rather than individuals.
Am I weird?
I started wondering why I hadn't seen it before? There is a photo of us on our wedding day that, to me, shows a team that is going to conquer the world. I see us as this newly formed team that is in love and we are all we got. But, it's a new team. It's a team that hasn't been through a few years of challenges.
Then I see photos of our family and I see a happy little family that is growing and is experiencing life. I am so incredibly happy and proud and excited to have this beautiful family. Sometimes I wonder how Luke and I got such a blessed bunch of children...that love us!

But the photos of just us. It brings this feeling of pride up in my chest that feels like "that's me, that man and woman represent ME". 
I know, Luke is his own person and I am my own person...but we are also ONE.  Things he does, says & acts on...makes me do, say and act on. We are us. We are We. We are starting to sound like a dr. Seuss book.

The other day I tried to tell my thoughts to him. I told him that I was proud to be married to him and when I see our photo I see "MY MAN". Like clock work and in all of Luke's glory...he laughed. This would explain us! We have a hard time being lovey and smooshey. Let me clarify...We LOVE AND we SMOOSH it's just not the verbal kind.
I love my life and love my sweet husband and am so
Thankful to have him as MY MAN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gross.




just kidding. i thought this post deserved a comment, though.
you two are awesome.

RUBY said...

oh come on Alli!!!
I loved it....rennie i gotchu on this one! I feel ya sistah.
I admire your praise and gratitude, its hard for alot of people to A. recognize and B. express it! Well done!
XOX