Monday, December 27, 2010

I got Wii'd

It's the strangest thing.

I play volleyball twice a week
I play basketball once a week
I lift my kids up and down and all around
I move boxes and tub around the house and garage
I jump on the trampoline with the kids
I ride bikes and run
I try to wrestle my husband
and my body feels great and surprisingly it doesn't get sore.

Christmas morning we pull out the paddle to the new Wii and my oldest daughter challenges me to a game of table tennis and wouldn't you know it....

I got a dang pinch nerve in my shoulder. So much that I can't lift my arm above my head or pull out a gallon of milk without a shooting pain going down my arm. As I sit here my shoulder throbs. It's funny and yet still hurts.

It wasn't like I played it all day long or played super crazy...it was the first game and it lasted a few minutes.

Lesson learned:
I must stretch out before playing video games with my kids.

3 comments:

Crazy Momma said...

Love the Wii you'll get better... We have wii fit also and when we got it 2 years ago my fit age was 69 now it's 31. It took a while but what fun, you'll love it! Maybe we could set up Wii friends and play with eachother over the internet.
Merry Christmas girl now get you Wii on!

fivewheeler said...

it's better to get Wii'ed off than on.

RUBY said...

ouchy...i feel ya pain sistah!