Friday, December 10, 2010

23rd's about sisterhood

I wanted to express my Thankfulness for my Sisters. I have been blessed to be surrounded by such amazing woman in my life. I have 3 of my very own, blood sharing sisters that came from the same womb as myself.  And 6 of my very own family sharing sisters. Ones that love & share the same family that I belong to. 

alli,ruth,mom,nic,sis,mignon,me,rob,mel

Goulding Family

My big sister Robbie is an amazing woman, one I have always strived to be like. Ever since I was a young girl I worked hard to be different than her in every way and then just like her in the same exact way. This would explain my confusion in life. I see we are both different, NOW....but still I can't help to be just like her. When a situation comes into my life I wonder...how would Robbie tackle this? She is MY only big sister....therefore plays a role in my life that will always be the same....my guide.



My little sister Helayna is a very serious person...yet cracks me up daily. Bug, as I like to call her & everyone else in the world, except maybe her bishop...is the closest in age to me. We are only 2 years apart...almost to the day. Therefore...we shared birthday parties for as long as I can remember. This helped our relationship from a very young age as  buddies. Bug and I speak almost daily on the phone and have such the memories. We have an understanding of each other that is so comforti/ng to me. Although we don't have the same lives...we are very similar in nature and humor...so it's a good pair. She pushes me to be better in so many things. She plays a role in my life as...my friend.

My youngest sister, Sisalee is one I can hardly write about and keep my eyes from flooding with tears. She is one I regret not knowing more about as a young girl. Going through school,  I was focused on me and my life and was surrounded by Robbie's accomplishments and Bugs friendship...I sort of forgot about my lil sis. I am so regretful about my attitude and selfishness towards Sisalee. Now as adults I see her and am in awe with her and who she is. She amazes me with her knowledge of the Atonement and inspires me with her relationship with Heavenly Father. I feel like I am constantly inspired by her and her faith in "everything is going to work out" attitude. She has taught me so much about myself and how to focus. She plays a role in my life as...my motivator.

My sis-in-law, Laur, has been around nearly as long as my youngest siblings. Not because she's old but because she dated my big bro in Middle/High School. In fact if she wasn't married to my brother..I would say she could be from my mothers womb...but that would be weird. Laur has always always been my teammate. I feel like she has been the Switzerland in our family. Always on every ones side. She is non-confrontational, happy, Spiritual & stays neutral...which is smart in our family.  She is a wonderful mom, sister and even more...she loves her husband and supports him in all their adventures. She has taught me a great deal about moving on with life and not dwelling on things that don't matter.

My youngest brother has a wife that is like no other. Sweet, Spicy and Seriously talented Nicole. She came into our family as the last in-law. A role I would say would be very difficult for anyone...except HER! She took the role and ran with it. Unafraid of the other sisters that already had been together forever and their relationship. I can honestly say....she is the perfect fit for Dusky therefore the perfect fit for us. She has so many talents and loves to share them with others. She is a blast to be with and understands our craziness.

Hallows/Smiths Family

Robin the Ruby in the family. The youngest sibling to Luke and the first sis I met. She is one in a million. She is fun, creative, spiritual and wonderful. I have loved watching her go from a 12 yr old young girl to her current age. She has stayed the same in so many ways...true, faithful and kind. Then there is this change that has happened over the past 5 years that has transformed her into this, this focused, serious and amazing woman. She is fearless in a way that leads her to many opportunities that blesses her life. I love this girl.

Melanie is the sister-in-law that I am the closest in age to. Our lives mimicked each other for the first 6 years of marriage. We married only 6 months apart, lived in the same town our first 1.5, traveled across the country to live and work with each other, had babies only a few months apart (twice) and find ourselves doing similar things still. I learn so much from Mel...from her Relief Society Pres. spirituality to her "simple is best" attitude. She has always been such a good friend to me.

Amy is my fellow Utahn sister-in-law. She understands my pain when it comes to missing our families and the area from which we came. She was raised just over the hill from me...but we didn't know eachoher until we became family. I feel like I have a special bond with Amy because we came from the same dirt and it's runs through our veins. It's been so much fun getting to know her over the past few years...she's a wonderful person and is the worlds best mover. She packed my fridge into the house all by herself...tough gal. She is such an example of not giving up and following through, even if it's difficult.

Ruth is the cook in the family. She makes the most incredible dishes when we have family parties. I am always excited to see what delish dish she will prepare. Something else I have learned about Ruth is She has a wonderful temperament that is patient and so at ease with everyone she comes in contact with.

Allison is such a creative mind when it comes to just about anything. She is a person that I have watched go through challenging times and have come out on top. She is the newest mommy in our family and it's been cool watching her devour her little boy. She is a great person and has taught me that if I want something I have to "JUST DO IT". Once she said to me "you don't have like it, you just have to do it" referring to running....but I use it to finish jobs almost everyday.

I am truly Blessed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And then theres you! Only has the nicest things to say about others. Outgoing and creative...making each of your many houses a home, filled with love and laughter. A mother like no other-I've learned so much from you over the years. I have never heard anything negative come out of your lips.....thank you for your example! Love you!

saskia said...

I love all my sisters to. I only have one bio- so really enjoy sister in laws, even though they are all far away :(

Goodrich said...

Ren,

I sure do love you and your wonderful way with words. I have to admit that I got a little choked up even before I started reading about the one about me. I love you Ren. You are a remarkable woman that I am so grateful to have in my life. Love ya

RUBY said...

LOVE YOU REN-I-TIN-TIN!
ohhhhweeeeeeee!!!
whats up with that!
xox