Saturday, August 8, 2009

School is in session!

Sadly, Summer has come to an end for us in the southern Arizona area and we are not impressed with it at all.
The girls started school on the 4th of aug and I was sad to see them go. They have been a big help to me over the past few days while the new baby boy has come home. Now, they are gone most the day and I am sad!

I am happy to announce, however, the girls love their teachers and so far they are excited to be back in school...only because they haven't had homework yet. I can't wait to hear what they have to say when the homework starts coming home in the backpacks.


Our school has a uniform code that they have to wear either blue, white or gray shirts!
I love it...no arguing in the mornings on what should they wear.
It's wonderful!Three days in school and already Lainie has come home bouncing off the walls because she was selected out of all the kids in her class to be on the student council!
She is so happy and so excited to of won the votes! She told us the story over and over on how there was a tie with another boy and so their was a re-vote and she won by one!! Luke and I were blown away by the fact that she raised her hand to be on the list of possible canidates...she is normally quiet and shy in school. We are so proud of her!
Shelby swears that her teacher is a vampire and she feels like she needs to wear a garlic necklace to school sometimes. Her teacher is a cute little tinker bell-ish (with black hair) looking lady. The only concern I have with Ms. U is that she looks like she is about 13 years old. Shelby is in for some real fun this year. What a sweetie.

1 comment:

fivewheeler said...

Boo! I'm sad that school is starting. I want to make a sign and pace in front of the school chanting: "Heck no we won't go" But then again...I am not going. I am glad that the girlies love school and that Lainie is a big wig. Plus tell Shelby to just put a wooden stake in her backpack and she's set.
P.S. Memphis is cute face. i just want to squish him.