I have been avoiding this post for about a month. My little Lainie Bird turned 9 years old just a few days ago which is exciting and so much fun...but in the same breath I am slightly sad because of something my lover told me.
(at 4 months old)
Luke said "you know Rennie, this 9th birthday marks a half way point for having our girl at home. We have had her in our home for 9 years and will probably have her for another 9...and that's it".
That comment made the last 9 years seem so fast. I started to get a pit in my stomach due to the time I think I have left with her. I know 9 years is a long time and we'll have her for the rest of our lives and for eternity...but in my house, time feels like it is slipping away.
I see the "world" putting their mark on her. From school teachers saying little comments that break her heart to fellow schoolmates that turn their backs to just the daily exposure of life in general. It saddens me a bit and then lightens my heart so much to see how she responds to the craziness.
She is bigger than I give her credit for.
She understands so much about good and bad...it's just in her!
She has a gift for that I think. I pray for that daily for my little ones.
I love my little girl that is turning into a sweet older girl...I don't want to write young lady, just yet.
I love that she is still so young at heart.
I love that she will still curl up into a ball and let me hold her.
I love that she still loves spending time with me.
I love that she is such a great big sister to her siblings.
I love that she finds beauty in nature.
I love that she loves to learn.
I love that she tells me how pretty I am just about daily.
I love that she loves to help me around the house.
I love that she is so smart when choosing friends.
I love that she is quiet at times and is so loud at others.
I love that she still wants me to do her hair in the morning.
I love that she has a desire to take care of her body and mind.
I love that she loves our family.
She is a doll face....and I love her so much it makes me hurt.
6 comments:
happy birthday bird!!!
Happy Birthday! and ren I know I'm having such a hard time with my baby going to kindergarten. Be brave and enjoy the next 9 years
Ren...I think that you just captured how I feel about my little ones...it is so hard to see them grow up and at the same time so wonderful to see what they are growing into...Thanks for the sweet words!
We love that girl, too! She rocks!! She has the funnest personality. Which isn't a surprise considering who her parents are. I'm so glas we got to be their for her party & thanks again for everything!!
What a neat girl you've raised. She'll never truely leave. How could she leave all the good stuff you have given her? You've just given her the assurance that when she gets to that point, she's strong enough to go and loved enough to come back:)
I can relate so much, my daughter is turning 8 soon. I feel so many of the same things. Thank you for the moment...
Post a Comment