Friday, December 5, 2008

Don't let me forget the 27th

It's been way to long since I last posted about things I am thankful for. And I am missing the most important day...Thanksgiving, of all days.
Our trip to Utah was a blast...visiting, playing and just enjoying being around all my family.

We were able to get caught up with some of Luke's siblings and extended family and just about all of my siblings were there and a few extended family members. What a wonder time of the year.
This year I was able to eat with my Aunt Jane...one of the best! She came from California to spend the day with my Grandma (her mother) and our family. She is such a wonderful person. I really love her and her Spirit.

This year I was also able to eat with my Uncle Wayne...also one of the best! He hasn't been to involved with the our family over the past 15+ years or so. I have only seen him, maybe 3 times over the past 15 years. But he has finally made his way back into our lives. He has a wonderful heart and is part of the family and I really love him.

This year I was able to eat with my Grandma and Jay (papa). My Grandmother was married about 6 years ago to this wonderful man that loves her and takes wonderful care of her. They are perfect together. I am so grateful that my Grandma found love again. After my grandfather died she stayed single for a long time. In fact she was single (after her husbands death) longer than she was married to him. So, finally Jay came along and swept her off her feet. It's been a wonderful thing to see.....LOVE.

This year I was able to eat with 4 out the 6 siblings of mine, and their families. We really missed my Bro Dusky and his family...as well as Sisal and her boys.

This year I was able to eat with my loving parents. They are continually supporting all of us with whatever we are doing and where ever we live. They love us and only want the best for us. It's easy to see that, by the way they respect us and our families.

And finally I was able to eay with my very own little family. We waited an extra day so that Luke could be there with us...and it was well worth it. I was happy to have all of us there!

Over the past year, actually the past 8 years, I have seen some miraculous family reunions.
I have seen close family members coming back into the fold. I have seen the plan of Forgiveness work it's tender mercies on our family. I have seen people forgive others and be forgiven. I have witnessed the power of pray in our homes as well as the Temple.
I love my Heavenly Father and I trust in his plan for all of us. I know that if we could all forgive others with as much ease as it takes to be offended, our Thanksgiving tables might be longer and more crowded. I know that it's easier said than done.
I have allowed myself to be offended on many many occasions and held a grudge to many, by a simple comment. I know there is so much to being Free, when we forgive others.

I also know that I have offended many with a simple comment and ask that if there are any that I have offended that you would try to forgive me for my craziness.
It really isn't in me to be nasty and mean....but for some reason, it shows it's ugly head and BAM, someone is hurt by me.

This Year I am Grateful for so much.....but especially for His Plan for me and my family.
I believe in Him and am so excited to be celebrating this time of year.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

I think I already said this but your blog is great. It always reminds me to be a better person! Let me know when you want to hang over the holidays, babysitter provided or just a house to play at!