Friday, December 19, 2008

a cake from a different era

I made a birthday cake for one of the boys at the ranch today.
I did exactly what was requested....chocolate cake with white cream cheese frosting.

Isn't that like wearing black nylons with white shoes?

Is that really done anymore?
I just think chocolate frosting goes with chocolate cake

heck, What do I know?

4 comments:

saskia said...

So after checking out the ranch, I assume that is what your husband does, and you live there?

laceeJ said...

Dave's family is infatuated with Chocolate Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese icing. It's pretty good if you like lemon flavoring. If I try to put chocolate icing on a chocolate cake they all think it's too chocolatey. However, I LOVED grandma's hard chocolate icing on her cakes, in a bowl full of milk....YUM!

emily said...

It looks delicious!! We love a little white on black action..... uh, what????

Mike + Mignon said...

Are you kidding me...it's my Black Soggy Cake...black and white...remember? Are you even American?