I never really feel comfortable with that description "in-laws" because they are my family. "In-laws" seems to distance them from me in my mind and I don't ever want to them to think they are the "in-laws". This whole thing might be a bit confusing because you can't hear the way I am writing this in my head and ....anyhow....I hope you can catch my drift.
With all that jibber-jabber said they are my family because I married my husband so that makes them my in-laws. So..there you go.
This day was a wonderful day of spending time with them. I was able to see the talent of my SIL, Melanie, at a boutique she was participating in. I have always known she has more talent in her little finger than my whole body...but it was nice to have others witness it as well.
Then later that night we attended a 90th birthday party for my Grandmother-in-law. You should never use "in-law" after the word grandmother..but I want to clarify what side of the family it was on. Grandma Smith is a wonderful woman...I wish I knew her better. She is such an interesting person.
Over the summer we (my little family) stayed 2 months at my MIL home, where Gram Smith resides as well. So during those months I had a few chances to sit at the table during her lunch and just have a good talk with her and what things were like when she was younger. I wish I would of taken more time to talk with her. I really love her and am so happy that she is in our lives.
I have always struggled with the thoughts of not knowing my OWN grandparents. I want to know them when they were younger and know what they were like in certain situations. I see photos of my parents and g. parents and wish for one minute I could of been a fly on the wall. Just to see what they were doing while standing in line waiting for the pic...were they talking to their friends? Were they shy and standing by themselves? Were they goofs and being silly and showing off? Or were they like me and very self conscious of pictures because the people in line could possibly see you faking a smile for the camera? I wonder!
And then...what did they do when the picture was taken? I always wish I could of known them as a younger them. Not parental and responsible and stressed and worried about life and family.
Well enough of that...back to the party. It was a hit and so enjoyable to see everyone in the family that was able to attend. Some were missing and were noticeably missed!
Later that evening we got to have our 2nd sleep over at J & A's home and little Petch. Thank you for allowing the whole gang to camp out again. Love you guys.
today was a thankful day for my "IN-Laws"
*Now, I can't leave out wonderful friend that I was able to hang out with also on this day. My dear friend Harmonious & her wonderful sisters and mom. Over the past year I have never felt like just a friend to this family...they are so welcoming and inviting to not only my husband and I..but my children as well. I shouldn't leave out that they have known my in-law for 20+ years and so the friendship started long ago...I am just happy to be part of it now.
It started off with me filling up my car with gas for only $1.91 a gallon.
That is a great feeling!
I know we all recognize this feeling. It's the one where we don't have the desire to flip off the gas pump or give it a kick to the area that might be between the legs if it were to have 2 legs.... because you just got abused at the pump. This feeling didn't control me today...I actually drove away feeling like I still had my dignity!
This day finally ended at my parents home, safe and sound and So Grateful for such a Wonderful, Loving and Amazing family. ALL the way around!
I love coming home...it's so comforting and relaxing!


1 comment:
1.91 a gallon! Wow! and what an awesome grandma in law, give her a kiss for me, any woman living that long deserves to go on a hero list- Saskia (signed in under her daughter's blog)
Post a Comment