Thursday, November 13, 2008

My scattered mind

I think that the whole Christmas shopping is already getting to me and I haven't even started.

I have totally lost it!
Yesterday I made some phone calls around to the sisters asking for input on nieces and nephew gifts.
"what do your kids like, what are they into, what should we look for"...questions to open up the mind for just the perfect gift.
I made a call to my SIL, Laurie, yesterday on our way home from the library and merc. I was able to visit with her all the way home...which is only like 5 miles but it was a nice visit. Finally, me and the kids pull up to the house, and I am still talking on the phone to her.
Of course all the kids pile out of the car so I am left with taking everything in. Doesn't it just figure?
I reach over the console and pull out my purse, the 3 small grocery bags and the 40 lbs bag of library books. I walk in drop the book back on the table, drop the grocery bags on the counter and head to my bedroom to put away the purse... still talking my my SIL.
I put my purse on the dresser and immediately start digging through my purse in search of something...still talking on the phone.

In my mind I know I could not find what I was looking for with only one hand, so I put the phone on the shoulder up to my ear, and start digging with two manos. My hands start searching my pant pockets first front then back. Then my hands went to my jacket pockets...still nothing. I went back to the purse and look through it again...still nothing. Back to my pants front and back and then front and back once more. Still nothing. Maybe it is in my jacket pocket all the sudden, even though it wasn't there a minute ago....maybe it's appeared out of no where. SO, of course, I CHECK! Nope, still not there.
I had a thought flash through my mind..."Maybe it fell out of my pocket at the store. That would really stink to have to go back to the merc and get my dang phone."

by the way...I am still having a conversation with my sister in law while this is all going on.

Finally I say OUT LOUD to my conservationist
"I can't find my dang phone, I hate it when I do this...I put it somewhere and can't find it".

I pause for the her to say "have you check....here or there or everywhere".
But all I hear is in a quiet voice "Aren't you talking on it?"

She was right...I had been talking on it for the past 20 mintues...it wasn't in my purse or my pockets or hadn't dropped at the store.... because it was stuck to my dad-gum ear hole.

My response to her was "DId I really just say that out loud?, Holy Crap Laur....I am such a weirdie".

I have totally lost it!

Christmas is on it's way and I am sure my mind will only get better. (wink)

4 comments:

saskia said...

while walking down the hall, I asked where Mahala was, everyone laughs "mom, you are holding her hand"

Harmony said...

Paaaa haha. I knew how that story was going to end because I've done it. But the way you wrote it brought out a beller (is that a word). You have great humor!!!

weaverfam said...

I love your stories too! Why? Because you totally remind me of me...if you have any boy name suggestions I am all ears...we have none as of yet :)

Amanda Borden said...

hi.. i tracked you down from tamara wheelers blog. i am amanda "hirschi" borden. One of Tom and Kaye's daughters. i always admired you growing up. you were always so pretty,sweet,clever and classy. sorry for blog stockin but i have to admit i love your postings. I was heartbroken about your loss of your box in your move. and this phone one was so funny. i call it mommy brain. sooo true to life. i also just love your folks. your mom is the most pleasant lady and your dad has such a great singing voice. i loved hearing him at peach days. i had to leave early and couldn't hear it all, that bugged :(
Take Care