Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hallelujah

Okay...forget the Presidential Election for a minute...there is nothing I can do about it except CRY.
Let's look at the SILVER LINING...
PROP 102 PASSED!!!!!

This is a huge feat....and I am proud of the choice that was made.
I read an article this morning and this is what it said:

Numbers show Arizona's Proposition 102 has passed -- same-sex marriage has now been constitutionally banned in the state. With final numbers yet to come, voters in the Grand Canyon state have clearly said no to same-sex marriage.
Preliminary results show the measure has the backing of more than 56% of voters.Arizonans essentially reversed a 2006 vote against such a measure,
ensuring the definition of marriage can never be changed by a judge or the Legislature.
This year's proposition -- unlike 2006's -- didn't include a ban on domestic partnership benefits or block the potential for civil unions, which most likely swayed many voters.
"Blame the Mormons," says Krysten Sinema, who led the campaign against the proposition. "The Mormon church was very involved and was not in the past," she told the Arizona Daily Star. "That made a huge difference."



BLAME ME!

Debbie Downer here: It scares me that only 56% voted YES. But I will take it proudly!

*note....prop 8 passed in California as well! (that is great)
*note....Florida also passed a similar proposition last night! (wonderful)

1 comment:

Goodrich said...

BLAME ME AS WELL- IF I would have been able to vote for those I would have been completely against same sex marriage- YEAH!!!! The people have spoken!!!