I wanted to do another count down this year....just not as long as last time. Not that I'm not extremely thankful and could think of something for each day of the month of November. But to be honest, I have been quite busy out here on this none busy land.
SO I will start writing today, however I need to back up 2 days for someone that I am so thankful for it hurts me all over to think about him.
So I will start with:
November 17th brings to mind a little dude that I am so thankful for and am in love with it really does hurt. My little big boy Cedar turned a big 4 years old on Monday.

He brings so much EVERYTHING to my life. I sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed by his curiosity, creativity and capabilities.
But, not to long ago my SIL Nic told a story about her brother and how he used to be the same as my little boys. Into, undoing, breaking, building, painting with, jumping on, jumping over, jumping off, climbing up, balancing on, tearing up everything.
She told me that her mom used to get frustrated but then realized it was all about the
"why, when, how & Wow" factor. Her mother kind of just let him do his thing as long as it safe. This brother of hers turned into a 25 year old Commercial Airline Pilot.
Don't let me fool you that I Still don't freak out with some of the things that he pulls, because my nerves can be the proof of that.... But I have tried to relax when it comes to helping his creativity grow.
I have watched him turn into such a loving, sweet, observant, kind young boy. Just yesterday after he opened his birthday gift, his younger and louder brother started to cry about not having a "monster truck, like Cartie"...so my birthday boy handed his truck to his younger brother to keep. I thought that was such a sweet and noble gesture. So did Luke, so he went and bought Cedar another one..so now they both can play MONSTER TRUCKS together. Maybe not the best lesson for the younger bro. (you cry loud enough, you'll get a toy) but it was a great thing to see Cedar give his up with no thoughts of getting a different on.
He is constantly learning about all the things a 4 year old needs to know.
EX) it's not kind to tell the UPS delivery man, every time you see him, "you're really small"...even though he really is!
EX) it's not kind to call an ornery old man walking by you in the grocery story a "grumpy Grandpa".
Which leads me to my next thing I am Thankful for...his hilarious HUMOR! He is constantly cracking us up with his comments or his faces or his little attitude. He really makes my day...every day. I am totally and extremely Thankful for my little big boy Cedar!
November 18 brings to mind something I am eternally Thankful for. Just thinking about this subject brings tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat.I am Thankful for the Plan OF Happiness/Eternal LIFE.
This day marks the 2nd year of the passing of my sweet sisters Husband. It's been 24 months and it still hurts to think about her and her boys. We miss Daniel so much...but we are mortals and we live here with HER.
Again, don't let me fool you that she isn't a SURVIVOR...because she is in every way.
She constantly amazing me by her Spirit and outlook on life. She is constantly giving credit to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. She has grown into this woman that I admire so much. I have always admired her awareness of the Gospel and what it brings to our lives, but her strength is something fierce now. She has never faltered in her beliefs, even in her darkest hours. Since the death of her love, she has allowed Jesus to take his place. I have watched how she has turned the hurt over to him, and it's constantly healing her heart. Watching her has strengthed my faith and it gives me so much hope. Through this tragedy I have seen my testimony grown in terms of eternal life and the choices I make here on earth.
With all this said and all the things our family has learned through her...it's not the same as having her eternal companion here physically with her and the boys.
But in the same breath..I am Thankful for the loving reminder I have been given about this idea that we, as members of the LDS Church, have that if we can only survive living this life WORTHILY and progressing as Jesus did...we can live with our loved ones FOREVER!
I am not going to say "I have this and I have that...so I am better than so and so".
NO, that's not my line of thinking with this subject.
But, I am going to say "I have food in my pantry, I have shoes on my childrens feet, I have a roof over my head, I have a heater to warm us at night."
I do have many things...but this idea is more a long the lines of
I have much to be Thankful for.
There are so many that have nothing and are still so happy! It's amazing how, when people find happiness it's not about things....but a Feeling of contentment and understanding of things far beyond our noses.
Oh to be Thankful...it's a magical thing!

6 comments:
rennie! I love ya and you are so forgiving even though there is nothing to forgive. I too am sometimes a one sided friend... and now alone in a new place with no friends to call my own I plan on being the best kind of friend just as you were to me! Thanks friend!
oh rennie poo...i love you so much!
thank you for sharimg your gratitude with us...your so wonderful and have such a big heart! always thinking about others and tender to their feelings! i love this FAMILY we share!!!
Now ren on your post those amazing things we have thanks for sharing your! I feel like Addie passed the my life if lucky tag along. and here we are thankful for the things that heavenly father wants us to be thankful for. Tell Carter HAPPY BIRTHDAY for his lil brown hair girlie friend Shea.
Rennie girl, you are an amazing little spirit, and I am THANKFUL (going with the flow here) to know you, even if it's only a little bit, so as I read your insightful posts they actually reach into my heart. Thanks for being you girlfriend!
Your blog is so amazing. I love the idea of posting something that you're grateful for each day. Your thoughts and insights are really cool. I especially love what you said about your son. What a treasure that must be for him! I can totally relate to your anticipation of going to Utah. We go through the same excitement whenever we go too. My mom and dad are coming out here in a couple weeks, and we're all counting down the days!
Ren,
Thanks for your vote of confidence. I am so grateful to have you as my sister, I know that you along with the rest of our family have helped me through the hardest part of my life so far. Thank you!!!
I love you,
Sis
Post a Comment