Friday, November 21, 2008

Nov 20th & 21st List


November 20th....I am so Thankful for a quiet time when I can get it.
Yesterday Luke took the girls to Tucson with him most of the day and so it was just me and the boys. I do love having "All my Children" around me, and sometimes it get a bit rowdy, but that can be fun.
So when that moment comes and there is a little quiet around me....it's somewhat Heavenly. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. I sat down in the middle of the front room and ate my lunch on the floor with Carter. I made a batch of sugar cookies for todays cookies party at my house. I caught up on LOADS of laundry. And when I say loads I mean it...how do clothes just pile up over night? It's like Night in the Laundry room and everything comes to life....and they create more clothes. I mopped my kitchen floor.
It's such a magical time.
But then there is that time when all the kids are running around chasing each other and all laughing out loud and that time is amazing as well.
I suppose too much of one thing could get very boring and annoying and keep you sane. (wouldn't want that)
Three Cheers for Quiet time.



November 21st
I woke up this morning with thankfulness for ANTICIPATION.
This feeling keeps the body in check. I love the excitement, nervousness, hyperactiveness, happiness & pure JOY that comes along with anticipating an upcoming event.
I get nervous and happy when I anticipate walking to the podium to bear my testimony in church. It's almost like I can't breath, my face gets hot and I almost can't feel my limbs.
I get hyper and somewhat annoying when I know that I am going somewhere fun and exciting. SO...today is my hyper and annoying day because tomorrow I leave for Utah. Me and the kids are so excited we keep finding our selves jumping up and down in the middle of a room holding hands. We are anticipating a long but wonderful trip. We are also anticipating the arrival of Luke a few days later....CANT WAIT!
YAHOOOO
Well the anticipation just hit me again..I got a knot in my gut because I am anticipating the boys finding me any minutes hiding out at the computer.
Happy Anticipating!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute post and friggin cute family pic's on the slide show! I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are all so beautiful and you and Luke look mighty fine yourselves. Are we going to get to see you for Thanksgiving? At least for an hour or two? HOpefully it will work out. Love your guts, Aub

PS My mom told me about a very special phone convo she had with you not too long ago. It made her day!

Tammy K said...

I really like your post! And I like that you ate lunch on the floor with carter - That's an awesome mom!

dito to aub...hope we get to see you!!!

fivewheeler said...

YIPEE! That's all that needs to be said about #21 because I am in UTAH. Get here fast...but safe. My kids are feeling the anticipation too. Three cheers for Thanksgiving bringing families together.