I received the book "The Last Lecture" from my dad about a month ago and have been reading it ever since.
At first I struggled with this book...because I knew the out come. I had watched a special on Randy Pausch and knew that he dies due to Pancreatic Cancer. So, reading this book was like watching the Titanic years ago...or reading the Work and the Glory Novels or watching the Joseph Smith movie at Temple Square. I knew what was going to happen...it was just a matter of time till you get to that part. So reading about his life and his courage to live the rest of his life to it's fullest...was kind of tricky.
One point I want to point out that I learned while reading this book is.
I need to let your children know what you love about them.
I say to my kids all the time...I LOVE YOU. But I need to let them know what it is that I love about them. I long for that very thing in my life...to be told what about me is loved and wonderful. I ask my husband that question quite often.
If I need that then I am sure that my children do as well. I need to give it to them.
This book is a wonderful book about remembering what we loved in the past and what we have accomplished through out our life time.
It's a very fast reading book and it's worth it.
1 comment:
I AGree! I loved it!
Post a Comment