Go Hallows Team
(Part two)
So a few days ago was my birthday and it was one of the better ones I have had in a few years. I have to be honest, I was not expecting such a birthday seeing how it landed on Sunday this year. You know..No shopping for a new outfit, No going out for dinner, No movies.
Yes, my 33rd birthday came on August 17 and went...but not with out a few things to jot down.
Yes, my 33rd birthday came on August 17 and went...but not with out a few things to jot down.
I know my cake says 21...I was reminiscing and they were the only candles I had. I couldn't put 12 on there, now could I?
OH, how I enjoy that!
The uneventful day looked like this...
NO Laundry
NO Cooking ( Luke surprised me with B-fast in bed and cooked Dinner all by his little ol' self)
NO Cleaning
2 hours of inspecting my eyelids closed
2 hours of driving to and from church (I love sunday drives)
3 hours of Spiritual time at church (well, that's not totally true) Luke and I are now team teachers for sunbeams and so it was more like 2 hours of playing with eight 5 year olds.
1 hour walk with my family around the ranch
*and this is where it turned ugly*
When we go for walks there is always a ball that goes with us...a football, baseball or soccer ball. This days ball of choice was a Nerf football. We had decided for our walk we would let the girls go see the horses. Luke, Carter, Creed and I would play catch out in the field area. Imagine if you will, us playing catch, teaching Carter the proper way to throw and catch the ball. I don't know why this is, but Luke always like to have someone, usually me, run long for a pass. "Go long", he says as I run this way and that way. So we did that a few times across the patch of rocky dirt. Just then the girls realized they are missing out on the fun with the football and decided to join us.
Let me go back to pre-walk time. Just before we had left the house the TV was on the 100 meter dash and 100 meter hurdles Olympic trials. The girls love watching running as we have tried to encourage them to be "track and field stars". We as parents couldn't do it, so we live through our children. We enjoy that for a bit and then Luke realizes we can't go with out flipping stations to get an even balance with the Brett Favre debut with the JEts. So the channel goes back and forth a few times to get our fill....of both. So we leave the house with Racing and football on the Brain.
Back to the football game/sunday walk. As the girlie's come to join us, Luke wagers a race between Shelby and Lainie. They run and it's pretty close to a tie. Lainie wagers Carter to a race which ends in me consoling him for losing to an 8 year old. Shelby wagers Carter, Carter wagers me then Creed then Lainie. I mean it goes on and on. Finally Lainie gets brave and wagers me in a race. We line up at the starting line, which is at the tip of Luke's toes and listen for him to say "ready, set, go".
Off we go up the road to the 50 meter finish line. The deal is...before we got to the finish line, at about 40 meters, I feel this hard smack right in the back of my head. I feel my head fly forward as my hair come around my head and engulfs my face. I knew in an instant what just hit me...that dang football! Dadgum, Bret Favre...let me at least finish my race. I don't know what Luke was thinking throwing me a pass with my back to him. Actually I know exactly what he was thinking "wouldn't it be awesome if I hit the birthday girl in the back of the head while she is trying to beat her 8 year daughter at a foot race? Yeah that would be great...let's give it a whirl."
He really did it!
I made a quick turn to meet his eyes and then we laughed our faces off.
I had to give it to him, it was a Great Shot.
if only I could of caught it!
Needless to say...it was a wonderful birthday!
I am Loved
6 comments:
Happy (belated) Birthday! It does sound like a great day. I have to laugh when I think about us all being in the stage of life that we are. It doesn't seem like we should qualify. I still feel so .... green and .... unprepared for life. Yet here we are. I guess that life is about us getting more prepared for our requirements through a little good old fashioned OJT (on the job training). Well, it's good to hear from you. I definitely love blogs and Facebook for that.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! i miss you.
Happy Belated birthday Rennie! I just celebrated mine too, on the 16th- gotta love us Leo's. Sounds like you had a wonderful day!!!
So what are your kiddo's ages? I can't believe they are all blondies with that dark hair of yours!
I'm so glad I found you!!!!
Julie
Ren, I can't say it enough, you have a way with words. You make me laugh. Thanks goodness for your shake it off personality, I probably would have stormed off crying. Ask Robbie about the Extreme Wedgie. Love you!
Hey Rennie,
Happy Belated Birthday, Yours is the day after Lilys! It sounds like you had a good one. I love checking your blog to see how you and your family are doing. You always make it interesting and funny! I just got my blog sort of put together. Heres my address: aandjguzman.blogspot.com
We would love to see you guys!
Jen and Angel
Once again with me cracking up. I wish I could see into Luke's thoughts for even 5 minutes it would give me enough lauging material for life. You guys rock. Whenever I need a chuckle all I have to do is read your blog.
Post a Comment