Wednesday, August 13, 2008

July was a Blur

There was so much that took place in July, it came and went in a flash. Therefore, I want to jot a few little things down so I that I might have them for my blurp blog book.
So...
July started off with a sweet visit from Robin AKA Auntie Ruby. We had such a wonderful time with her. She is so missed! She brings out the craziness in me and I love it. She came in from Honolulu the end of June and was able to stay for about a week, not nearly long enough. We made a trip to the local Bahama Bucks and it never tasted so good. A swim at Mimi's was enjoyable and the time at the Ranch was very fun.


We love you Ruby!








July 4th was spent in Arivaca Az with the entire Hallows/Smith gang. We had a great time. Luke gets to over see the town festivities at the ranch that we are now living on. The food was provided by one of the local Restaurants and just about everyone that came brought a salad or dessert. It was quite delicious.
I have to mention the weather we were blessed with.

On the 3rd of July we had an amazing monsoon storm hit us. It rained for nearly 5 hours and we loved it. The next day the clouds were present and it tempted to rain the entire day, but didn't. The rain come about 1 hour before the party started and left us with cooler weather and a beautiful sunset. We were Little nervous that they would have to cancel the gathering and fireworks...but just when we needed the rain to leave...behold...it did. Which allowed Luke to put on an amazing firework show for us that evening. what a great relief for all the kids that had been planning on them for weeks.


*Oh, the photo to the left was taken after I walked around the car only to find this giant bug stuck head first in our grill. OOPS!


July 5th was about eating yummy breakfast burritos (thanks Mimi) and riding horses around the ranch. It was fun to watch everyone get a turn on the horses or Mule. Some of our family are very talented when it comes to horses...MIMI.


I was able to take a bike ride with my bro-in-law out to Arivaca lake. That was alot of fun to pick his brain on tips and pointers that might help an old woman like me for my 100 miler.
July 10th we cleared a big spot in our storage unit and moved out to our new home. We are living south of Tucson, near the Mexican Border on a 250 acre horse and cattle ranch. Luke is working for a group of men that are having him help start up a new boarding school for troubled teen boys. It's a different company than we had been working for over the past 9 years...so it's been new and exciting. It's beautiful here and the best thing is, it is 10 degrees cooler than the Phx area. We get the most amazing monsoon storms that just drench us. In fact the weekend we moved in...we were nearly flooded. Luckily our home sits a little higher than other areas, but all the pastures and ponds were full of h2o. It was a sight and so noisy. The frogs in the little pond next to our house were in full chorus a few of those nights. I haven't heard anything like that since visiting my grandparents home years ago. Quite an experience. We spent the week getting to know the area and then I was off to utah for a few days all by myself.
July 19 I was sick all morning with the thought of leaving my family for 5 days. Please don't you mothers get me wrong, I was quite excited for some "me" time, but honestly...looking back on my time between the airport in Tucson and my mom's house in Southern Utah. That time was strange. I was all by myself...I would catch myself pacing the floor at the airport. With no children pulling on me, kissing me, needing me I felt so lost and unorganized. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. IT's amazing to me how 4 children can actually keep me grounded. Needless to say I found my way to Vegas and then on to St. George, where my lil' sis, Sis picked me up. We we able to make a trip over to my brothers home in Dixie. My Bro and his family have just moved home after living away for 15+ years...so that was fun to see them all settled in so close to my parents home.
July 21st was the bike ride (see early posts)
July 24th Family Reunion (see early posts)
July 27th Home again home again giggity gig!
I know I attended all these activities...but sometimes it's like it was a dream.

OH...don't let me forget to mention that June was the month my 8 & 3 year old taught themselves how to do a backflip off the side of the pool. Lainie did it first and then Carter decided he wanted to try.

5 comments:

ME said...

That picture of Mimi taking off on her horse is CLASSIC!! My pictures, however, are not. EW!! Take the whale off! Your kids are so talented - the back flips are just amazing. And Creed with the mustard face - makes my heart melt!

Crazy Momma said...

I think that july flew by for us except this last 2 weeks seem to be draging. Your new place looks like a ton of fun.

Tammy K said...

I can't believe how big your kids are!!!! And I seriously have not seen Robyn for YEARS! Looks like you had a wonderful July. Miss you guys!

Goodrich said...

It is so weird how quickly the summer months go by. I sure love seeing and being with you, thanks for making it a point to come up as often as possible. I love you!!!

Mike + Mignon said...

Ren - you rock! We miss you guys so much - well, not so much in the actual HOUSE, but in the town at the very least! You and Luke and the kids made our spring/summer so fun. It is so quiet we can hear grandma snore!My pool looks great - maybe your photos will help up sell!!