Monday, August 11, 2008

Team Hallows

I have been noticing a common subject after reading a few of my friends blogs....
the Olympics!
This is an amazing thing that happens every 4 years... coming together as a world to do what we do best. It's been interesting to see how other countries welcome or react to another country. There have been fears mentioned on the tv of possibility people booing or being anger towards others because of the state that their country is in at the moment. It seems to me that most of the people are in good spirits and have forgotten about the hostilities that is taking place at home.
It's like a magical 17 days of world peace....unfortunately only happening in CHINA.
I know, I haven't forgotten the news and I have forgotten that it's a small chunk of people that are actually in China that are participating in the Olympics...but it's a great idea.

IF ONLY!
Well, let me share with you what has been happening at my home. We love the Olympics and are so happy to have the capabilities to record all 12 hours or whatever it is of coverage a day. We watch it in fast forward...so it only takes about an hour to watch all the events through out the day. But last night we were so involved in the Woman's US Gymnastics competition. All the kids were under our feet tuned in to what was happening. I finally pulled my eyes away from the tube and noticed it getting late. So the TV went to pause so the kids could get to sleep.
I put the boys down and Luke put the girls down. For some reason, though, Luke and I met in the boys dark room. I sat down next to Carters bed and started rubbing Carters back and Luke did the same to Creed. All the sudden out of the corner of my eye in the darkened room I see Luke in a candlestick pose.
If you don't know what that is, it's when you roll back on to the top of your shoulders, your arms are on the ground in a 45 degree angle, your hands are under your bottom holding up your hips while your legs and feet are shooting towards the stars. I was watching him wondering what in the world he was doing. I sat there wondering if he knew I was watching....just then he turned towards me and said in a quiet whisper "pretty good huh?". I giggled a bit and said "you bet". He then proceeded to do the splits in the air and started goofin off.
If you know my husband this can be quite hilarious.
If you don't know him....maybe not so much.
anyhow, come to find out he was trying to stretch his back...I just thought he was trying out some of the moves he just watched on the floor exercises.

So, me having gymnastics on my mind..I encouraged him to do a back bend....which he tried. I was laughing out loud. He is such a goof....and such a good sport....Let me not forget to mention that he totally did it. After which he then proceeded to egg me on to do it.
So, again, having gymnastics on the brain...laid down and went ahead and did a back bend. I just about pulled every muscle in my stomach that doesn't exist. Finally after trying to out do each other and getting really loud from Laughter..we decided to make our exit from the boys room so they could sleep.
I thought that was pretty funny.
These big 32 year old, not in the best shape of our lives, laying in a dark room on our backs with glow in the dark stars lit up above us, 2 little boys snoring next to us in their beds and us...trying to feel young again by doing back bends and candlesticks...all by ourselves.
You would think we could find something more entertaining to do in a dark room, huh?


GO Team Hallows!


p.s. wasn't that the most outrageous race last night performed by the USA men's swim team...the 4x100 Relay.

I was jumping up and down.

SO COOL!

7 comments:

RUBY said...

BAHAHAHAHAH~
cheeehoooooo
GO TEAM HALLOWS!!!

fivewheeler said...

good to know. I told dad that I really wanted to go to the olympics and his comment was that it would be hard to get a ticket now....not exactly what I was thinking and then when I told Dustin about my lofty dream he laughed out loud and asked me what event I would be in...NICE! Even if they are right.

Tamara said...

Go Team Hallows! I can't wait to see you both at the Medal Ceremony! Oh how you've made our country proud!!! Way to represent!
Can't wait til the Wheaties box comes out!

ME said...

I am peeing my pants right now! I wish I could have seen Luke doing a candlestick & a back bend. That's HI-LARIOUS!!

Goodrich said...

REn,

Thanks for your constantly funny and inspiring posts. INspiring that you two love each other so much- and you don't care how stupid you might look to each other. Also that you can do that whole "gymnastic" thing- not for me. Thanks for being my sister and continuing to check on us and make sure that we are doing good. I sure love you and what a blessed woman I am to have you as my sister. Love you

Crazy Momma said...

You make me so happy when I get to read your posts! That's a fun use of a dark room but I hope you did some "streching" in your dark room ;)
I miss you and it was great seeing you. Now I'm gunna miss you even more.

marv said...

Rennie,
You're awesome. I've missed not looking at your blog. I remember when your mom took a trip to St. George to take little talented Rennie to gymnastics! 32 is young, wait for 50.
Love you more than all the backbends in the world,
Aunt Marv