Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I looked out the window and what did I see?

I was minding my own business, a few Saturdays ago and glanced out the window to see Lainie down in the arena on a horse. Luke and his boss ride Saturday mornings and then the kids get a turn when they return.
It's been fun to watch Lainie get more and more comfortable on any horse that's been suggested for her. She can now trot the horse, by herself, and she loves it! She just can't get enough.
After school, she RUNS to the barn and stays there for hours. (this is not an exaggeration)
She feeds, loves, runs with the horses. Honestly, she can NOT get enough.
By the way..this is the view from our front porch.
It's quite beautiful!

6 comments:

Goodrich said...

That is so cool and yes that picture is awesome. I really think that it is cool your husband is a cowboy- did you ever think he would be one?

Ali said...

Hey Sister! That IS a great view from the front porch, Arizona no less. Miss seeing you & chatting with you every now and again. Hope you guys are doing well. Everyone looks happy. Sending hugs and virtual cookies your way. ;)

dustin and amy said...

Hey I opened your blog today and realized our blogs are twins! You must have great taste! Love the view, where do you guys live? I thought that it was close to us? I keep saying it, we need to hang out.

laceeJ said...

... Girls and horses...ahhh! Has she been dumped yet? get those kiddos a helmet..They come in all cute colors, even camo for the boys! Have her stop by when you're up this way and she can ride her little heart out here, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes--georgous view from your porch! I loved horses too when I was about 9 years old. I even had a horse! Good memories for sure!

Mike + Mignon said...

Oh my...how I wish I was down on the ranch again with all the little dudes. I miss the small people so much - almost as much as the big people.
You're so lucky to have such a beautiful place for your babes to explore - enjoy every moment!