Friday, December 7, 2007

Bano Tales!


I love this story and have been contemplating if I should write it. I decided I had better, someone might get a kick out of it.

So over Thanksgiving break we traveled to Utah via Flagstaff. We always stop in Flag for a potty break and what we call "stretch your bones" time. I took the girls into the bathroom to let them do their business. While we were in there I noticed that one of the two toilets was missing it's flusher. You know the toilets that have the flusher in the middle of the tank and you push the silver circle down and tah dah, it's a twister? I realized that if you stuck your fingers down the hole in the middle of the tank you could push a button way down in it and it would flush. **Don't worry, there was no water involved in the process. **

The girls were getting washed up and a more "seasoned" woman took our stall. As she did this I noticed my little Carter come barreling in the bathroom announcing that he had to go "pee pee poo poo". Once he was finished I heard this voice over the stall walls. I realized that it was the lady that was in with the "troubled toilet". I could hear her ask me "how did you flush this toilet?" I wasn't sure if she was talking to me, so I asked her to repeat it. As I finished washing Carter's hand., again, she repeated "how did you do this?". As I started explaining that you have to put your fingers down the hole and push down", my son had a light come on above his head. He was sure he knew how to help, so he very loudly told her "you put your fingers on your pee pee, push down and go pee". When the lady couldn't hear me, he again said very loudly. "Put your fingers on your pee pee, push down and go pee". He thought she was having a difficult time figuring out the correct way to go to the bathroom. It was funny seeing this face and knowing that he had just help an old woman with something he had just recently learned himself. I started laughing so hard, I had to leave the bathroom. I sure hope that lady figured it out! I know"our" instructions were a little confusing. OOops!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH.......MY.........GOSH! that is the funniest story!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love all the amusement our children bring us?? It is great! And that was a funny story!!

laceeJ said...

HILARIOUS! Your kids and stories always seem to get me laughing out loud in front of my computer!

emily said...

That is freakin awesome! I think I am going to start singing that to Tadhg!

stacy said...

i don't know if it was because it was 3:00 am that i read this or what but i was in tears...LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF!!!!! i had to shut the door so i didn't wake my family up. SO hilarious!

Shelley said...

That is such a funny story!! I'm still laughing. Thanks for sharing!! And what is Stacy doing up at 3am??

Goodrich said...

Well worth it- I understand especially because we went through it also (potty training). Also because Alex is always telling everyone where he has to put "it" to make it in the toilet.

RUBY said...

oh my heck i just woke up all me roommates!!!LOL......LOL!!!!
so thats how you do it???
ive been doin it wrongall these years! thanks carter boy!

ME said...

That story still makes me laugh! That kid's the best!

Sarah said...

Holy Cow! I am laughing so hard. Jeff kept asking "What's so funny?" I couldnot even answer him. Thanks for the funny!!!

Jarem and Camilla said...

Carter is one SOLID BUDDY.