Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Secrets of Victoria

Let's have a serious conversation about the Secrets of this Victoria person. I have see & experienced the secret and think that it should no longer be a secret. In fact I am going so far to say...this secret is a joke, I am not laughing.

Let me share, with you, my eye opening tale.

After I started running I found that my braziers were no longer the correct size and  were really worn out. I was need of a fresh size, style and support system. I went to a local department store to be sized and fitted properly. Which is always a delight to have some stranger wrap you up in a measuring tape around your bosoms.

I had heard in the past, from many ladies that "OH...you just HAVE to go to Victoria Secret and get their bras, they are just the BEST!"

I have always been shy of that establishment because of what I feel it represents. I can't agree with their commercials, posters or any advertisements for that matter. The woman they represent are NOT real in the world that I live in. I feel they drive so much sexual content it's hard to even believe I went into the store.

So...I did it. I had my husband drop me at the mall entrance and I bobbed and weaved through he crowd with my head down looking for the store with the "best bras EVER". I found it and walked in and decided to keep my mind open to their quality of product. I discussed with the bra specialist what I was looking for and was immediately put in a dressing room with a tray of 30+ bras to look over and try on. This tray was dressed ever so carefully with all the wild colors, wild designs, extra padding, extra coverage, extra this and extra that. Each bra had a pink little ribbon tied on the strap to make them look even more precious.
Oh...it was overwhelming.
The assistant told me to start trying them on and asked if I was comfortable in allowing her to help in the fitting. I was so...I let her in once I was strapped up and tucked in.
Bra after bra we went through. NOTHING was working for this mama.
We tried on padded, no padding, super coverage, less coverage...I mean the list kept on going and going.
Finally we found one, after 1.5 hr of this business...and I still wasn't sure it worked well and neither did the assistant.
I walked out of the store with my pink paper bag rolled up and shoved in the bottom of my purse...kind of ticked off that with all the hype that I had heard...nothing would work for me. I don't consider myself too small, to big, too much cup, to little cup..I am a 34B....very average!!!

WHAT??

I spend 1+ hrs in a dressing room with a tray of bras that could of outfitted my neighborhood and only found ONE that might work.
And the cost!!!
One that I didn't love and the cost!!!

So for me the secret is...
IF you are woman that has:

Never NURSED
Never had a CHILD
Never gotten over the age of 25
Never want to move to much
Never really want to own more than 2 bras because you can't afford to buy your children food.

Then Their Secret will work for you!

To me...their secret is BOGUS!

5 comments:

saskia said...

I have victoria secret bras that are over 10 years old and I love them, the secret is buy them when they are having a sale- but I've nursed 5 more kids since I bought those bras, so I may be in your boat as well!

Cherie said...

I too love their bras, but after this last baby.... I don't think there are any out there that will work for me. Someone needs to develop a bra for women who have been ruined by nursing. I spent forever in that dressing room the last time I went too. Finally, the lady's solution was, "well, I think you must just be asymetrical." Wow. Thanks.

Mama Mayhem said...

You are a crack up I miss you!
I love their bras but always do the semi anual sale to afford them. I have some wonderful bras from Ross as well ;)

Omnes said...

my favorites actually came from target. And I could get like 5 of those for the price of one from Victoria's

Mindy Burns said...

haha you crack me up!!! I found one bra there that I like once in college and it's the only one I buy- I've never even tried any on anywhere else because I hate bra shopping more than anything! So I just walk in, grab the exact same one I've worn for 12 years, pay and walk out...then wear it til I have to got to that horrid place again for a new one. Babies and nursing twins didn't change much- still smallest cup size they make! :(