Luke and I had a wonderful, amazing and such a spiritual experience at the Mesa Temple last week. I can not go another day without writing it down.
Let me just say....the process for us to get to them Temple on this day seemed like it took forever. It started at 5am with a run with my lover and then breakfast with the kids.
Once on the rode...only 2 miles away...we get a call from home, with kids crying in the background that there is a meltdown at home. We turn around and go back to put the kids in order, again, and off we go once more.
We had a few appointments to get to before the Temple, a few family members to hug, a little Memphis to drop off at the Sister-in-laws house and then off to the Temple.
As we drove there we were both trying to stay positive and upbeat, with our energy a little low due to our early morning...we were both fearful of napping during the session.
Once there we approached the check-in desk I noticed 8 different signs set out on the desk that read
"Patrons, Sisters or Brothers needed in the Sealing Room" It was obvious where we were going.
We got dressed and headed to the Sealing Check-in station and were surprised to see 7 or 8 people waiting...with the same idea in mind.
When I approached the desk I noticed we were going to be placed in the "next" group...which meant we had to wait for another 4 people or more to show.
We sat and waited and waited. THEN...a couple came in, the Lemmon's. They looked like they could be related to me. I had this feeling of family when I saw them. They resembled a few members of my mother's family thatt I knew I should know...but didn't!
I felt so tired, slouched over in my chair and my mind couldn't stay focused on just one conversation in that small room. I tired to listen so carefully to Luke as he explained life, love and world peace...but my ears took me to the "lemmon's" conversation. I heard something about a sealing of a family member and then a few "should I do It today?" questions were thrown around. Still trying to focus on my Love but being distracted by others....I noticed the woman get up and leave with a Sealer.
A few more people trickled in over the next 10 minutes and then Mama Lemmon returned. She sat quietly and talked with her husband about some sealing that they were going to do today.
Our group finally arrived...
Me, Luke, the Lemmon's, A single woman (who brought names of her own), a young man and an elderly man. I thought to myself that it was a unique group...only 2 "couples" really were there. After my experience on this day...I wondered....who were we all to these people we sealed? Could we of been friends in heaven? Could we of made a promise to them long ago to do this work? For some reason it was like we were all lead there that day.
Once we were all accounted for, the Sealer marched us to the elevator and told us "this thing has a mind of it's own. Sometimes you up where you want and some times you go down to the basement". Luckily we made it to the right floor and we made our way out to a BEAUTIFUL Sealing room.
While preparing ourselves for the sealings the man in charge told us that this room we were in was the only sealing room that was origianl to the temple...as far as the walls and space. It was amazing and such a warm, strong Spirit there.
The Sealer also mentioned to us that there was going to be a live sealing today. I heard what he said...but it didn't register to me at that moment what it meant. He proceeded to ask the Lemmon couple if they would like to ask someone to help stand proxy for her mother and grandmother during the sealings.....she looked at me and asked if I would do it. I was HONORED & overcome with the amazing opportunity that I was going to get to experience.
Mama Lemmon was given counsel and was told that her parents were happy for this day and that she was doing a wonderful thing. She was also told that we can only give this blessing to the ones that have passed on...it's their responsibility to accept it or not...BUT...if they don't accept the sealing....it will in NO way take any of the blessing away from her as a child of theirs. What a cool promise!
So we began.
Bro & Sister Lemmon stood proxy for Sister Lemmons Parents & Grandparents for each of their Sealings. Then I was able to stand proxy for Sister Lemmon's mother and Grandmother while she was sealed to her parents and then she stood proxy for her mother as she was sealed to her grandparents. confused?
Well...needless to say....it was such a wonderful lesson to me of our family unit. The strength and blessings that come to those children who have been sealed to their parents. What a wonderful and again OVERWHELMING spirit that filled this room!
I also need to mention that we were able to take part in sealing, if I remember right, of 4 sisters and 2 brothers to their mother and father. These were names of the single Sister that was there. She was grateful and so happy to have that family together.
Numerous others were sealed that day and I will not forget what a joy it was to picture them all in Heaven embracing one another. Some might accept it and some may not...but the work has been done and it's up to them.
Now....to follow up the story of the Lemmon's.
During our session....the lights went off and then dim and then off again and finally settled. We were later told that a transmitter blew in Mesa somewhere knocking out power all over that area. It started to get warm in the room and a man told us the air conditioning was out and so we needed to just finish up and be done.
Once we finished we were then told the Temple was being closed due to power and air conditioning problems.
Later in the foyer, Luke and I ran into the Lemmon couple and I mentioned that they looked like family and that I knew some Lemmon's from my hometown. Brother Lemmon then told me that he has family in Hurricane Utah....um....where I am from. We tried to put names to faces to no avail....but then Mama Lemmon said to me "you both look so familiar to me....I don't know where I know you both, but I do". She then informed us that they had tried to have this sealing done last month but things just didn't work out for them.
I was so glad, so glad, so glad that I was able to have that experience!
For those that might read this and wonder what in the world I am talking about....
Here is an article from our Church's website that explains this thing we called "Being Sealed".
what a cool deal!
2 comments:
Rennie my love, I miss you and wish I had that wonderful spirit and great personality around me. I'm shutting down the blog and have a new place if you want to stop by. New place for this new chapter in life.
how neat.....now i wana go to the temple right now!
Post a Comment