Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Note to self!

Dear Self....

Don't mess with Helayna, she's super tough!
You have known all your life that she can whoop you...don't push your luck with this woman.
Espeically after watching her take on Dusky, Sisalee and Nicole in the pool!....well nicole can be whooped by Creed so that's not to scary. But, this lady is SERIOUSLY the kind to want to have on your side!

Keep that in mind.

Sincerely,
Me

 *the story behind the photos*

It all began on the 23rd of July...the final hours of our annual Goulding reunion. We all decided to finish it off with, of course, FIREWORKS.
All the kids, adults and animals sat back on the grass while a few of the nephews and my bro stood in the road, only 20ft away from all of us, and lit the little fountains and screamers. The ones you use every year, safely and with no harm.
However...they lit one with rockets in them that shot super super high in the air. The ones you see blocks and blocks away and wish you were closer to see who was cool enough to buy those.
Well as we watched we all ooohhh'd and aaahhh'd at the fantastic show. I even told my brother a story of when I was around 7 or 8 yrs old and was hit by a shell that was about the size of a half coconut from the cities firework show.
Not 2 minutes later we heard a scream...but assumed it was the reactions from the show. 30 seconds later I hear my SIL say "no more fireworks, Helayna has been hit in the face with something". I turn and see my lil sis on the front porch with her hands over her face and blood just dripping from her hands. I wasn't sure if I should go to her and see if she had lost a eye or her nose or a mouth full of teeth. BUt I went...I was late....every sibling was there by her side with towels, sitting her down on a chair, pulling all the kids around the back of the house so they didn't see the porch full of blood.. I got to her and noticed her nose had a good size cut on it and her nose was bleeding profusly. My big bro sat her down and started investigating the damage...why my lil brother went to investigate the problem.
Big Bro decided her nose wasn't broken...but she mentioned her vision was impaired in her right eye...a concern, of course. He and her husband administered a blessing to her with all of us feeling much better about the situation.
Lil Bro found a shell ,where she was standing, about 3 or 4 inches long and about 1.5 inch in diameter that had not exploded in the air and then came down from the sky like a bullet and nailed her right between the eyes. This thing was not light...it was packed full of whatever they use.
After all was accounted for and we were all in the house..her sweet husband decided to take her off to the hospital for a good look over. Especially with her eye having that dark spot
SO...with 6 stitches, 2 purple eyes, 1 swollen nose, eyes feeling better and teeth tough as nails...she survived a fight with a dang firework!

We all know she was so blessed and lucky it didn't hit her .5 inch in either direction.
MUST SAVE THE EYES!

1 comment:

fivewheeler said...

WOW....you're nice. Dusky would disagree with the "taking" part. I might too, but the Wolverine marks down his back might convince you that at least my toenails were working. That first face did kind of say "why the crap are you calling me Harry Potter and then taking a picture?" Sorry 'bout that. You know what they say "Tragedy + Time = Humor"....give me a little more time, lately all I feel is grateful. Love and miss your face.