Thursday, April 14, 2011

Weekend for ME!

This past weekend turned out to be super busy, super enjoyable and super therapeutic.

Saturday started at 515am...
I got ready and headed out of the house to catch my ride by 530am. MissEmily picked me up and off we went to Catalina State Park for our 5.2 trail run. We had been keeping up on the weather over the past few days. It went from 70 to 64 and small chance of rain to 54 and better chance of rain...to 35, windy and high chance of rain. We arrived to wind and cold...I was excited to get started and to get warm.
The wind concerned me a bit...but what can you Do? So, we got in line and stretched out and awaited our mark.
The 10 miler started and then it was our turn...I looked up and realized there was no wind! Just like that..it had died down to nothing. I thought of the prayer I had said that morning and thanked Heavenly Father for being so thoughtful. Then it was our turn...and we were off.
At about .5 mile the rain came and didn't stop till we were finished with the run,  in the shuttle heading back to our car. At times it was heavy and then at others there was just drizzle. The trail was awesome and so so Beautiful! What a way to run...distracted by Mother Nature and all her glory. Just beautiful. The race was difficult at times..with its 2 flights of stairs totaling 140 in all. But..I have to say...it was so much fun and I learned so much about myself and my fellow running buddy. GOTTA love Miss Emily A.
Can NOT wait to do it again!
Oh and yummy bfast and smoothies were served afterwards. (just what the mother ordered)

I got home ( freezing and soaked through) at 10 am, changed and left with thee older 4 kids off to a  Primary activity from 10-11.
Back home we went to throw dishes and clothes in the washer for some quick chores, fed the kids and then out again I go at 2 pm back to the church for a girls camp certification dinner from 3-7pm.

I arrived home at 720 to an empty home. Sat down with a bowl full of brown betty a dollop of whipping cream and watched "Lark Rise to Candleford" for 20 minutes til then family showed up.

I made my way to bed at 10pm and Passed Out!


6:20am came quickly for Sunday preparations for our 8 am church block. Out of church at 11am and home to await our dear friends the " Bryces". They show up, we eat, the kids play and the 4 of us adults start in on our therapy session.
We talk about life, love and the pursuit of happiness. We (Harmonious and I) moved our conversation from the living room to the garage to the side of a bathing child to the kitchen (of course) to the loft and then finishing it off at the park down the road.
We had many break through (husbands and wives). I have to say..it's SO nice when you can be real around a couple that know that they are going to love you anyway.
We miss the Bryces and can't wait till our next visit!

Hope it's sooner than..well you know!

2 comments:

Lauren and Brian Davis said...

Ren- Awesome job on the run! Way to go sister! Love you!

Cherie said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your day! And, it's 9:12 pm and I'm tempted to go to the dollar store just to see that sign. :)