Sunday, April 3, 2011

I need that!

Shelby would be so mad at me if she knew I was jotting this down....but I couldn't let another day pass with out posting it for my memories sake.

My little Shelby has the hardest time concentrating on her work when she gets home. There are just way to many distraction...TV, Music, snacks, toys, bikes, trampoline..whatever!
I have had numerous conversation with her about just settling in and concentrating. I have been setting the timer lately for her to complete her work in the time allowed. It seems to work..if the consequence is something extreme to her...like...not playing outside for that afternoon or the next 2 days or a week. So...we have been learning how to help her focus.

Just the other day i made a quick trip to Costco and came home with a super concentrated JUG of fruit punch. The kids were asking me what it was and I said "it's a highly concentrated jug of syrup that we can make into punch". About an hour later, while sitting at the table doing her homework, I heard lil miss Shelby say "Concentrating Juice, Yeah...I need that."
 I just had to crack up. She's a funny little gal.

1 comment:

elisha said...

That is really funny. I think I'll suggest that remedy to some kids I can think of over here at the high school!