You know something is wrong when you are trying to explain to your 4 year old that teasing isn't nice and when you tease....it can cause many people pain. Here is the conversation I had.
Scene:
4 yr old & 6 yr old around the dinner table while doing homework. Creed (4yrsold) is mimicking Carter (6yrsold) and sticking his tongue out at him and snickering at him for having homework. Carter is having a meltdown due to the teasing and Mom (old yrs old) is tired of listening to them fight and pester each other. Finally Mom has to physically remove Creed because he won't stop and listen and it's the easiest way to get his attention....and quite frankly Mom has HAD it!
Mom takes Creed upstairs to have quiet and just explain the situation.
Mom: Creed, what happens to Carter when you tease him?
Creed: He starts to cry and yell.
Mom: Creed, what happens to Mom when you tease Carter and he starts to cry and yell?
Creed: Mom beats you up.
say what?
not the answer I was looking for. Maybe something like..."mom, gets mad and starts getting loud and maybe even yells once in a while".
Nope the way he sees it..".I beat him up."
Looks as if my parenting needs some adjustments...in so many ways!
2 comments:
hilarious. Creed is a character.
Heck no! Don't change your skills! That kid kills me! He's the best! I'm sure the cops thought so as well the other day. ;)
Post a Comment