Friday, October 1, 2010

calcetines

This morning as I got dressed to go play vball at the church, I was super excited to wear my brand new socks...that actually matched.  
I know that seems strange. Not the mismatching socks, but that I was excited to wear my new ones. It's a very rare event when I get new socks. It's just not an item on my list of important things to buy.

For One....my feet love to be free of any restrictions. They love to breath the fresh air and be chilled on a cool day and sweat free on a hot day.
For Two....my feet rarely have shoes on them...so socks are just a silly thing to buy.

However, when I do wear socks....I am slightly picky. I want thinner, tight fitting (but not too tight) socks that will hug my feet and make them feel all safe and loved. So loved, that they will forget that they are covered and being hot. ya catch my drift?

Well after vball I was feeling sad...sad that I have these new, perfect matching socks that I have worn and got dirty and will probably never see again as a cute little pair. I was wondering how could I save these two socks from the future of being alone? With a box like below...the future was looking bleak. P.s. thanks mimi for matching all the socks you could find.


Well I started thinking about my sweet dear husband and one of his loves in life....he loves to buy socks.
The tattle-tail in me started showing it's ugly head so I had to take a photo of my lovers sock box...that only belongs to him. Take a gander....


if you can guess the number of socks in this box...you will win a prize.

I won't count the small box of church socks that he has in the top of the closet that has over 20 pairs in it. Or the plastic bag of socks that is behind his truck seat...for emergency purposes and for boot wearing days.
Here are my socks.


I suppose the solution to having matching socks is to just keep buying them.
anyone got a solution that might be less expensive?

3 comments:

Lauren and Brian Davis said...

no no no. no need to buy more. safety pin your socks together when you wash them.... then they can't go their separate ways.

Anonymous said...

ya, just steal luke's...it looks like he can spare a few ;)

stacy said...

i could have writtenthis same dang post. every word, every thought...this is me. i like laurens advice. i'm gonna see if i can try it. i'm pretty lazy, that's why i'm going to SEE if i can. :)