Well it's come and gone just like that.
June 21st Luke and I celebrated our 13th year anniversary with a bang.....WE bought a house. Can you believe it? I know it's hard to imagine people like us actually settling down into one place. I can hardly believe it myself. If you want to know our moving experiences...check it all out here!
Our day was amazing and scary and so wonderful all rolled into one.
8-10 am final walk through at the new home.
11:00 am lunch...just the two of us! (so enjoyable)
12:40 show up at the office to sign papers...both of us just sick to our stomachs, with nerves.
12:45 pm make a mad dash to the bathrooms to find our escape route.
While in the the potty I received a text from Luke saying this
"I found an escape hatch in the bathroom. Let's bolt."
1:00 pm sign away our lives to this home.
2:30 pm drive home in a daze of confusion and excitement and bewilderment
6:00 pm take our kids swimming at the local pool to get things off our minds.
YEP....it was a great day.
I must say.....set aside all the papers, the new home, the day of appts.
We didn't want to forget the original and 1st reason for June 21st in our lives...the day we became an eternal family.
I am still so in love with my Lovie.
I am so grateful for such a great husband and friend.
I love that he understands me and loves me anyway.
He is a great person in that big heart of his and has so much to offer the world.
He is smart and brave and does wonders in a crowd of people.
I love watching him entertain the on lookers and dare I say innocent bystanders. If you know my husband, then you understand.
LOVE HIM!
NOW about this 445
that's the number on my home.
I have been really resistant on saying anything outrageous about this home. actually forget outrageous let's just say I have been resisant on saying anything about this home. I didn't want to sabotage us moving into our very own home. We have tried over the past 10 months to get into a home in Mesa and Tucson and for one reason or another....it wasn't in the cards for us there. Whether it be short sales, being out bid, or repairs that needed to be made...we just couldn't make the move permanent. But for some reason this home, this 445 home...has just turned out perfectly.
It's not until this moment that I will say out loud, well on this blog, that I love this home, I love that we are here, I love that it's perfect for our family at this point in our lives, I love that we can call it ours, I love that we are happy and healthy and of good report.
In the past I have made some sort of excuse to why we shouldn't be here or how this is wrong or how that just isn't right. I have been a pessimist lately. That's not me.
In my heart of hearts I am a "see the silver lining" type of person, but not lately. I have seen the glass half empty and leaking really fast type of jerk. Maybe it was to not be so disappointed when something bad happened....you know, then I could say "I told you so", or "I knew it".
But...I see a change on the horizon...in fact I see the change at my front door. I have the door cracked open and I feel it seeping in, and I LOVE IT!
So, here is to 13 yrs of love & our sweet 445 HOME!
Cheers

1 comment:
That is so wonderful Rennie!
Post a Comment