I wanted to take the "Keep the Record" Challenge and post a list of some of my favorite things about summer. I always loved the summer when I was younger...but the older I get and the longer I live in AZ...I find that I have to go into survival mode and what ever it takes mode to make it through June, July and August. Rules seem to go out the window when it comes to eating at our home. For example, while doing a yard sale, yesterday, we all ate Popsicles before 8am out in the garage to stay cool. Then at 11am, waffles and pancakes were made. And around 6pm after a day of snacking we ate a huge bowl of watermelon with lime juice on it for dinner and loved it.
Here is my small list:
1. NO school for the kids
-I love spending time and going on adventures with my ninos.
2. Sleeping in till after 6:30am, if your lucky.
-even thought the kids don't have to wake up for school, that internal clock wakes them up.
3. Swimming before lunch and then again before dinner.
-the nicest time to swim is 10-12 and then again around 5 or 6pm
4. eating watermelon as the main course for dinner
5. Popsicles for breakfast while doing a yard sale on the driveway
6. seeing cousins and family that live out of town
-we tend to travel a lot and it's always an adventure when we get to go see our cousins.
7. family vacations
8. 4th of July and the smell of fireworks mixed with a BBQ
9. my wedding anniversary & my birthday
10. being really sweating all day long thee entire summer (wink wink)
2 comments:
i love your list....
i think i have been guilty of many of those....
watermelon for dinner! awesome
popsicles for breakfast!! double awesome.
sweating all the TIME! maybe not to awesome.
have a fun summer!!
xo
I deffinatly miss the swiming twice a day thing! I miss the driveway BBQ's from Gilbert too!
Love ya and miss you!
Post a Comment