Was she bleeding? I say nay
Was she suffereing from a broken bone? again I say nope
Was she dealing with the side effects of food poisoning? the answer would be no way
Was she fighting with a sibling? could very well be at any other time...but this time NO
Our sweet little child moaned and groaned and cried and blubbered for nearly 15 minutes over the fact that she didn't have the most "comfy" bed in the car.
**she picked the spot that she wanted to have before anyone else did, so my sympathy was all dried at this juncture.
"My bed is bumpy and I have trash by my feet so I can't stretch my legs out, everyone else has soft comfy places to sleep, Nobody loves me...boo hoo hoo" were the childs cries.
I tried explaining to this child that one of her siblings was sprawled out over 3 bumpy hard seat belts jammed in their back, while another layed with their head crammed up against the babies carseat, and lastly the 3rd child lay on the hard ground with no pillow or blankie..."so please child, try to get comfortable and go to sleep."
To no avail the little sweet wimpering child kept on keeping on about this tragic life that she had, so her father offered her a solution.
The solution was as follows and it was offered in the nicest, kindest voice
"sweet child, the only other place for you to sleep would be up on top of the car, would you like to sleep there?"
To his surprise the answer was a mumbled "yes".
Because we were needing to switching drivers at the time he stopped the car and then proceeded to open then door for the little girl. She climbed off the floor and out the door to the side of her daddy. He, then lifted her up to the luggage rack on the top of the car and told her to "hold on real tight because it's gonna get windy and she just might fall off."
To his surprise the answer was a smiling "okay" as she lays on her belly and holds on to the bars that were available for security.
I looked at her as I was walking around the car to get into the drivers seat and just had to laugh out loud at this sight. Just then Luke busted up laughing and grabbed her off the top of the car only to give her the disappointing news that she CAN NOT ride on the top of the car while traveling 75 mph down the interstate.
My poor little child was right back to crying...I am sure that exhaustion had nothing to do with her behavior (wink wink)
At that point we swapped places with an already sleeping child and of course all was well.
I just thought that was funny that she was dead serious about riding on top of the car..what does she think we are a bunch of circus people? well, she just might be right!
What a funny little girl!
4 comments:
Oh the joys of a childn's logic!! THat is hilarious!! I bet she would have done just fine....you should have given her a chance up there...you wouldn't have hear anymore wimpering, just maybe a "thud" along the way!!!
I too have a child who would try anything if her Dad suggested it. Love the way you wrote this, love you and miss you and yours
Tadhg has the same exact jersey !!!! And she sounds just like Indie all the drama and whining and crying over ridiculous things!! Girls.......
oh shelbs.... what a funny funny girl. but how bout lukie? now there's a funny person.
Post a Comment