Oh the joys of sweet saturday time with the family.
The twirly slides, the sandbox, the basketball court, a minature golf game and the wonderful green grass that is so willing to let you trample over to get in some well needed fun.
Oh the joys...
After a few hours of fun and slight exhaustion we all exited the doors to be reacquainted with our transportation.
We had 2 scooters, one for Lainie and the other for Creed. We also had smallish bike for Carter, a stroller for Little Guy Memphis which was being pushed by Shelbs and then the parents had their feet. At this point everyone was under control and on their way home.
Creed gave up about half way home and brought the scooter to me....which I quickly turned into me riding with one foot on the back of the standing platform area, his two little feet riding in front of mine....while I pushed us down the road with my other foot. We do it all the time. It gets us places a bit faster and you know...it's good fun for both of us.
At this point I thought to my self...
"Self, we must be a cute little sight for passer-bys...to see this sweet family all traveling together down the road in such a darling way...Lainie on her scooter with Carter on his bike as the leaders, Mama and Creed on the scooter buzzing right behind and then in the rear we have Pops with Shelby pushing the baby in the stroller.....yeah that's pretty cute".
I had a proud moment right then watching and observing my own family.
I proceed to take me and Creed off the sidewalk and down the decline of the curb on to the road. When I did that I pulled back just a bit to much on the handles of the scooter sending the bottom of the scooter forward fast and hard, the handles backwards into Creeds face...which in return sent Creed flipping onto his back. I am trying really hard to not step on Creed who is now directly under my feet on the road, poor guy.
I try and jump over him and keep the scooter from landing on his sweet face.....which in return sends my feet stepping high and my head getting closer and closer toward the black top road.
My feet aren't as quick as they use to be...they never did catch up to the upper portion of my body...which in return means that I am now doing a sweet looking volleyball roll across the road on to my back and then stopping abruptly onto my bottom.
right away I hear a voice from the Heavens saying
"are you okay?"
I looked around and couldn't find out where it's coming from...but instantly reply with a laughing voice "yes, I am fine" still not knowing who I am talking to.
I then caught the eye of my sweet dear husband that is walking just 50 ft behind me observing the whole thing. I see him trying not to laugh. At this point I can see in his face that he isn't sure if he should laugh, cry or see if we are okay. OR just keep walking and not claim that we are related.....which I think that's what he did.
I proceed to jump up, dust myself off, check my pants for any holes, grab poor little creed now with his black elbows from the newly paved road and just laugh out loud at myself. I laughed so hard that birdie thought I was hurt because I was crying from laughter.
I looked at Carter and Lainie to see if they had noticed their big mama doing gymnastics in the road with a scooter as the apparatus of choice....Yes...they sure did!
THey were busting a gut.
Finally collected and moving onto the ohter side of the road I noticed 3 or 4 contruction men standing around looking at me and I am sure wondering "Wow, working on Saturday was really a downer until we witnessed that. Now, Yes Now...I can tahnk my lucky stars I was here to see that extraordinary display of grace and hilarity."
And the voice that asked if I was okay..I finally realized where it had come from...it was a construction guy down in a manhole and only his little head was poking out. No wonder I couldn't find him. I can only imagine what it all looked like from his viewpoint....probably the same as everyone else...ridiculous!
Yes...good clean fun for the whole family to enjoy!
(and a few strangers)
3 comments:
Oh my sweet graceful Hallows family... You are TRULY THE MOST accident prone family God has ever put on the face of this earth! Ren, you need to send all your stories to the Reader's Digest or something cuz you, my friend, are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! I wish I could have seen that! I really, really do.
WoW! I got a good chuckle from your fantastically written story. Remind me to tell you about our 250 lbs. friend who ate dirt while playing kick ball. HI....Larious! and ask me about doing sit-ups at the gym with the entire football team watching.
i think this was supposed to be funny but it was like watching AFV in my head and that show is more painful then funny to me. i'm glad you all survived.:)
Post a Comment