Saturday, October 20, 2012

texting can be a joke!

One fine day I sat along my mother learning about my forefathers. We sat and looked through photos and stories and put names with faces and names with families.
My mom talked about how her grandfather was killed when he was at the bottom of a well sending up his tools and one of them fell from the bucket and fell down the hole, striking him on the head.
She told me about how my namesake Grandpa Junius Nielson/Nelson/Neilson/Nielsen was a hobo and traveled around on a train for many years...starting at the age of 13.
She walked me down memory lane while telling me the story of how my  Grandma and Grandpa started the Dairy in Richfield.
She showed me the lineage of how I am a direct descendant of Pocahontas and Ethan Allen the revolutionary. 

While going through some of these photos and stories...I came across a photo of a little girl,  that I have been told many times looks like me as a child.
I can see it.

At that moment I saw it..I could also see my little niece...Kaia.

So I sent this message to my brother to let him in on the secret I just discovered.


When I sent it...I immediately got a response and it was: 



 So the texting continues...Me feeling all inspired because of these amazing photos I am coming across and getting less and less inspired as the messages come through my phone.
I then come across a photo that my mom says resembles Dusky(with out the beard)
So I send it to him...thinking it's totally a compliment.



And the message comes back right away with a response like this:


I couldn't help but laugh out loud and yet be totally offended. So I send back a photo of a young baby that has lost his teeth and is nuts looking in the nicest way to see if I can bring the messages back around. This is from me to Dusky.


My Brother has lost his mind...yet me and mom are cracking up!


And of course he ends the texting on a high note.
Oh Brother...only YOU!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

High cheek bones... Ha!