My longest run of my training came today. I have been nervous for it for months and especially after my ankle sprain. I was sure it was impossible....but I slept good last night, luckily! And woke to the fact that I had to get it done. I went out and NOT back...just straight 20 miles. I did stop at mile 4 to pick up a few more runners. I started with Tiffany wilcock, in my wars and her friends joined there at power. Around Val Vista they turned and went back, except Tiffany. She ran with me till mile 14. She's awesome! I loved our conversation and it just distracted me from all that was going on.
At mile 14, mrs. Hallows joined me for the last 6. So so nice to finish off with someone that you can visit with. I felt strong. Although I did have to stop at a few intersections to drink water or fix my shoe. But, I was happy with it! Of course you can always find something you should of done different...but I was pleased.
Proud of myself! I happen to be running across the road right when my phone said "distance 20 miles"...I have to say I raised my arms up above my head and yelled "20 miles!!!!, yippee" I am sure people thought I was a nut job!
Don't care!!
My sweet husband got the kids up early at 7 to get all of them to a 8:00 soccer game. Thanks to him for that. I was able to go there afterwards to see the second half...I just missed lainies goal!
Next time!
Good day.


No comments:
Post a Comment