Alright just a quick recap of our soccer week.
Shelby's team did really good...but lost 3-2. She did a wonderful job and hustled through out the game. She's awesome!
Carter & Creed's team got destroyed...6-0. It was ugly! They did a great job and played against some bigger boys..which they all wanted to punch because they beat them so bad. Oh well, what ya gonna do?
Lainie on the other hand scored 4 goals in her game on Saturday. She did a wonderful job with the hustle and seeing the field.
She also tried out for the Middle school team and made the B team. She is so excited and a bit disappointed that she practiced with the A team but wasn't selected for it. I reminded her that she is only a 6th grader and she'll get so much more playing time on the B team right now. More playing time means more practice and more practice well, "practice makes perfect".
The Middle school had their first game last night and guess who scored the 1st goal of the game?
You know it!!! Lainie!
She did a great job. She also made an awesome pass to her team mate to score the second goal. She had 3 more attempts to score and the very last one crossed the plain...but the ref didn't give it to her.
I think being left handed/footed spooks the keepers and they don't expect the ball to come off that foot...it's cool.
The highlight of the game was Lainie looking at me on the sideline and throwing her hands in the air, after her last attempt to score. I thought she was looking for some guidance or encouragement from her sideline mother/coach.
I said "Birdie, don't worry. Keep trying. You re doing GREAT!".
She looked back at me and made the gesture that looks like you re slicing your own head off at the neck with your hand.
I realized I had been screaming to loud and to much and she was telling me to KNOCK IT OFF!
I just busted up laughing!
I have turned into my own father.
SO FUNNY
Afterwards we giggled at what I must of looked like and she said "you can call me Birdie at home and around town...but NOT yelling it on the field."

2 comments:
Brian and I are BOTH cracking up at the Lainie story! :) So funny!
superdiy duperdiy fun!
I played soccer from age 5 all the way through my Jr. year of high school... Keep them in it it's a wonderful sefl-esteem builder
Post a Comment