Friday, February 18, 2011

the 14th is love day!!

I love what Valentines represents.  I don't get all crazy on the day with decor and such...but I do love feeling loved and showing love. Some people don't love Valentines and some people just out and out hate the day that celebrates LOVE.
For me...it is about love and kindness and especially kissing.

This day marks an anniversary for me and my LOVe...it marks the day that we had our first kiss. well what we called a "2 second spitless WONDER." And boy was it ever!
(I was intructed by my College Institute Dance that this is how your  kisses should be when newly dating someone...tender and spitless.) It was a big joke in our class...
The night of our First Smooch!
Little Story!
We had gone to a dance that night at the college and he drove me home afterwards. He had been home from his mission for 1.5 months and we had been dating since then, and kissing had never happened. DOn't get me wrong..I think we both wanted to smooch, but it just didn't happen.......UNTIL that night.
The night of LOVE. (oooh aahhh)
While standing in my driveway face to face he asked me a very honorable and respectful question
"Can I give you a 2 second spitless wonder?" We both giggled and then my answer of course was "YES".

And history was made right then.
3.5 months later we were married, sealing our Eternities together over the alter at the Temple with a LONGER spitless (probably not really spitless) WONDER! And it was Wonderful.
this year marks our 14TH year of kissing!
(smoochy smooch!)


NOW...13.5 yrs later...we celebrate Valentines with our 5 babies. YES, it was a great kiss!

4 comments:

elisha said...

The picture, story, all great! I love it all. Congrats on many years of smooching!

Anonymous said...

oh sha-la-la-la! you two are such lover birds. but you've only kissed 5 times though, right?

Heidi said...

I love this post!! You guys are so flippin cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, that is so cheesy and cute!! You guys are such a great couple. I'm so glad his spitless wonder knocked you off your feet because I LOVE havin' ya'll in the family. xoxoxo When's Spring Break when you home school? We might need to come stay for a night or two and play!!!! You are also MORE THAN WELCOME to come stay here too. We have the 14-25 off!