While living in Arivaca, the girls were involved in 4H and loved it. They were asked to dance with the group of 4H'ers during the local County fair and perform the ballet Folklorico dances that they have been practising. 
While the main reason for the fair visit was to watch the girls, we thought we would take advantage of the free passes and try to see all we could handle.

While the main reason for the fair visit was to watch the girls, we thought we would take advantage of the free passes and try to see all we could handle. With the weather being roughly 90 degrees, a pregnant momma, a tired daddy and 4 kids that were just about pooped out...I would say the 4 hours were packed full of fun.
At the top of the kids list was the petting zoo. We got to see some giant rabbits that were the size of Creed.
the kids were able to pet a Llama, goats, miniature horses, sheep and a few more farm animals. They got to see the Budweiser Clydesdale horses...which were amazing and so Beautiful.
The kids were thrilled when we walked past a display of a man letting kids making their own ropes. That was all they could focus on was...making a jump rope.
the kids were able to pet a Llama, goats, miniature horses, sheep and a few more farm animals. They got to see the Budweiser Clydesdale horses...which were amazing and so Beautiful.
The kids were thrilled when we walked past a display of a man letting kids making their own ropes. That was all they could focus on was...making a jump rope. While I support the girls while they danced their hearts away...Luke took the boys to a tractor pull. We later met up in a desperate hunt for cotton Candy, which we found...and was YUMMY!
Before hitting the road...the kids were able to ride a few rides and they had a ball. Shelby picked the slide
while the boys picked some flying carpet ride....again they were loving life. In fact when the ride came to a stop, my little Creed refused to exit the ride like he was suppose to. Picture if you will me on the opposite side of the gate trying to talk him in to getting off. People standing in line waiting to get on the ride. I did such a good job talking Creed into getting off that he sat down on the floor of the ride under the steering wheel and started screaming "NO, NO".
Once the lady running the ride saw me, on one side of the fence talking to a screaming child, on the other side of the fence she came to the rescue, kind of. She also couldn't get him out. He had lodged himself down on the floor and was not being removed. I told her "please just grab him and hand him over the fence, I will not be offended if you have to pull on him". Finally after a minute of kicking and screaming she proved to be stronger than the boy. I am sure mentally banning us for life from Aladdin's flying carpet ride.
while the boys picked some flying carpet ride....again they were loving life. In fact when the ride came to a stop, my little Creed refused to exit the ride like he was suppose to. Picture if you will me on the opposite side of the gate trying to talk him in to getting off. People standing in line waiting to get on the ride. I did such a good job talking Creed into getting off that he sat down on the floor of the ride under the steering wheel and started screaming "NO, NO".
Once the lady running the ride saw me, on one side of the fence talking to a screaming child, on the other side of the fence she came to the rescue, kind of. She also couldn't get him out. He had lodged himself down on the floor and was not being removed. I told her "please just grab him and hand him over the fence, I will not be offended if you have to pull on him". Finally after a minute of kicking and screaming she proved to be stronger than the boy. I am sure mentally banning us for life from Aladdin's flying carpet ride. Lainie picked the Ferris wheel but was quite nervous about riding it by herself. She asked Luke but he wasn't having anything to do with the heights and sun. So I volunteered to ride with her. Once we got to the start of the line and ready to get on...the man said "are you pregnant? you can't ride if you are". So at the last minute I grabbed Shelby and she accompanied big sister on the ride. They were so excited and so happy that they got to go. They were able to stop at the very tippedy top for quite a while and wave at the adoring crowd.

I remember going to the county fair when I was younger and loving every minute of it. This year as an adult/parent, I again loved just walking and seeing what we could see.
What a fun day.



5 comments:
Looks like yunz had ja sum fun!! How fun they got to dance! Man, I hope our rabbit doesn't get that big! Yikes!
Fair days bring back good memories!! Remember the chocolate covered bananas booth that your family had...we kept eating all the profit!
I did 4H and it was so worth is. That fair looks like so much fun! your girls are getting a so beautiful and older looking it's crazy what 9 months does to kiddos
I love the smell of a good street fair. Dustin & I just went to the Easter Art Show in St. George and it has turned into a art show+street fair. it was awesome.
Haha, Luke looks like he was having he was having the time of his life by those horses :0) Looks like a lot of fun! You're kids are just so stinkin cute.
Post a Comment